IAAF World Athletics Series dates and timetables approved
The IAAF Council approved the dates and timetables of the next World Athletics Series (2018-2021) on the first day of the 209th IAAF Council Meeting taking place in London.
|Photo: 209th IAAF Council Meeting / © Christopher Lee for IAAF|
The Council also agreed the following dates:
- IAAF World Race Walking Team Championships Taicang 2018: 5-6 May 2018
- IAAF World Cross Country Championships Aarhus 2019: 30 March 2019
- IAAF World Championships Oregon 2021: 6 August - 15 August 2021.
• IAAF World Half Marathon Valencia 2018 (24 March 2018):
Women’s race: 17:05; Men’s race: 17:30
• IAAF World U20 Championships Tampere 2018 (download)
Extra competition session added to IAAF World Indoor Championships Birmingham 2018Council has agreed to a special high jump session being added for the evening of Thursday 1 March to the timetable of the IAAF World Indoor Championships Birmingham 2018.
This means that the championships, which will be held at Arena Birmingham, will be a four-day event instead of the traditional three, with the dates changing from 2-4 March 2018 to 1-4 March.
Copyright © 2011-2017 | IAAF / AthleticsAfrica.Com