DAEGU2011 Updates - Day 3

DAEGU (KOR): The 2011 IAAF World Championships, Daegu 2011 are the third occasion that the IAAF has employed an Injuries and Illnesses Surveillance study at the biennial World Championships, which is the pinnacle competition of the IAAF World Athletics Series of events.

The injury prevention study which is in line with the IOC Medical Commission’s own efforts was first put into place during the 11th edition of the IAAF World Championships in Osaka 2007 and was repeated in Berlin 2009. Surveillances have also been done in 9 other IAAF competitions including editions of the World Indoors, World Junior and World Youth Championships.

It is of great importance to learn more about athletes´ injuries and illnesses incurred during the period of the Championships especially when we learn that nearly 10 out of each 100 competing athletes suffered a sport injury during both Osaka 2007 and Berlin 2009.

Furthermore, close to 7 out of each 100 competing athletes suffered an illness during Berlin 2009. Informs IAAF. All information provided is treated with the strictest confidentiality, and includes diagnosis, symptoms, causes, anatomic localisations, etc… to enable the categorisation of injuries and illnesses and the later scientific analysis of the data.

FLASH-BACK 100m Men's Final

USAIN BOLT STATEMENT: “Firstly I would like to congratulate my team mate Yohan Blake and the other athletes who won the medals. Of course I am extremely disappointed not to have had the chance to defend my title due to the false start.

 I was feeling great through the rounds and was ready to run fast in the final. I worked very hard to get ready for this Championships and things were looking good. However I have to move on now as there is no point to dwell on the past. I have a few days to refocus and get ready for the 200m on Friday.

 After this I have the 4x100m and a few other races before the end of the season. I know that I am now in good shape and will focus on running well in the 200m. Thanks to all the people who sent me good wishes and I will try my best to make you proud in the 200m.”


QUOTE OF THE SESSION

“I have nothing against the current false-start rule,” Yohan Blake after winning the 100 m.

“Im happy with my silver, but also disappointed that I did not win,” Mo Farah after 10 000 m.

“I do not like to set goals, but world record is something I want to achieve in future,” Ashton Eaton after being second in decathlon.

“I have nothing to say right now. I need some time,” Usain Bolt after the dq for IAAF.

“While the IAAF is, of course, disappointed that Usain Bolt false-started in the final of the 100m, it is important to remember that a sport’s credibility depends on its rules, and they must also be applied consistently and fairly for ALL athletes,” IAAF statement.

RESULT OF THE SESSION

27:13.81 winning mark at 10 000 m by Ibrahim Jeylan known also as Goshu in 26 degrees, 67 percent humidity and without pacemakers. Also Yohan Blake 9.92 against -1.4 equals something close to 9.80 or under.

[Courtesy Alfonz Juck/EME News]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Results - Day 1 CAA African U18 and U20 Athletics Championships - Abidjan 2019

2019 All-Nigeria Track and Field Championships set for Kaduna - July 22-27