Joseph nicks it

Reigning World Half marathon champion Fabiano Joseph of Tanzania took home the $10,000 prize money on offer at the 4th MTN Lagos International Half Marathon today.

The 19-year-old ran away from defending champion John Korir of Kenya to win in a new course record of 1:02:20, ending the Kenyan 3-year domination of the course.

Korir, 25, equalled his former course record of 1:03:05 to place second while Joseph's training partner and fellow countryman John Yuda took the third position from the hordes of Kenyans and other local runners in 1:04:21.

Joseph told reporters after the race: "When Korir did not want to respond when I asked him to take the lead, I thought then that I was going to win.

"I was third in this race in 2002, so now I am very glad to win it."

Popular posts from this blog

Results of the 2011 African Junior Athletics Championships in Gaborone

Upsets expected at 2017 Athletics South Africa Senior Championships in Potchefstroom