Joseph nicks it

Reigning World Half marathon champion Fabiano Joseph of Tanzania took home the $10,000 prize money on offer at the 4th MTN Lagos International Half Marathon today.

The 19-year-old ran away from defending champion John Korir of Kenya to win in a new course record of 1:02:20, ending the Kenyan 3-year domination of the course.

Korir, 25, equalled his former course record of 1:03:05 to place second while Joseph's training partner and fellow countryman John Yuda took the third position from the hordes of Kenyans and other local runners in 1:04:21.

Joseph told reporters after the race: "When Korir did not want to respond when I asked him to take the lead, I thought then that I was going to win.

"I was third in this race in 2002, so now I am very glad to win it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Results - Day 1 CAA African U18 and U20 Athletics Championships - Abidjan 2019

2019 All-Nigeria Track and Field Championships set for Kaduna - July 22-27