Bayo Adio - the season opener


Bayo Adio, is a Nigerian High Jumper and a Management Information Systems major (with a minor in computer networking) at the Northwest Missouri State university, USA.

Bayo shares with you on this page his dreams, preparations and progress as he gets ready for the 2008 season and the Beijin
g Olympics.

Enjoy the ride...

My first track meet

Well first meet went pretty good. i started off da bar at 2.10m cleared it went to 2.15m cleared it and 2.20m.

I had pretty good jumps at it. but didn't clear it. but i decided to skip to 2.27m which is 7" 5' 3/4, the Olympic B standard to get a feel for how it's gonna feel, my coach said i might as well start jumping at it, and it wasn't that bad, but i didn't make it.

But i feel good though. I guess 2.15m is a new indoor PR for me. My goal is to extend my starting height to 2.15m though. next meet i know I'm jumping at least 2.24m. we'll wait and see. haa haa.

I'm happy overall with the beginning of the season and also i am faster which is a good indication that training has been going very well. I have also incorporated a lot of speed and explosive training into my routines and I ran the open 60m in 7.17.

Now i have to finish up my exams this week. its so tough trying to balance school and track. but its all good.

Well I'm going to keep training over the Xmas break and get ready for 08. hope you guys all have a merry Xmas and a happy new year. talk to you in 08.

Love y'all.
Bayo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Results - Day 1 CAA African U18 and U20 Athletics Championships - Abidjan 2019

2019 All-Nigeria Track and Field Championships set for Kaduna - July 22-27